Have you been trying to sell your house in Minneapolis MN to no avail. Have your tried working with an agent, and failed. If so, maybe it’s time to consider selling your house to FastPath Home Buyers. Here at FastPath, we buy houses for cash within you Minneapolis area, and its surrounding districts. If you want to sell your house fast for cash, consider selling to us. With FastPath, you get a fair all cash offer. You get to sell your homes ” as-is” ( you won’t have to worry about having to fix up your home). And finally, you get quick and defined closing dates ( we are prepared to close in as little as 7 days). Contact us today, either by calling (612) 351-2384 or by filling out a short form on this page!
Do you want to sell your Minneapolis house? Do you also want to get top dollar?
But “What do I need to do to sell my house in Minneapolis“?
Here are some tips on how to get your home ready to sell, if you’re looking for the highest possible offer that the market can provide:
*NOTE: These instructions are only relevant for those who are looking to get full retail value from their house sale. However, if you don’t intend on going to the lengths included below… or do not have the time or money… you can still sell your Minneapolis house fast for a fair value to FastPath Home Buyers.
1) Clean, clean and clean. Even vacant houses get dusty and dirty, so be prepared for constant and consistent deep cleaning in between showings! Nothing short of gleaming perfection will impress buyers. If you’re not a total clean freak, hire a house keeper to make sure your home remains in a pristine condition.
If you’re a slob, consider finding somewhere else to live while you sell your house. Maybe you can bribe your cleanest friend to trade houses with you 😉
Seriously though, keeping everything immaculate will really help you sell your house for top dollar. It allows buyers to feel comfortable in your space.
2) Cultivate a cohesive, neutral style. This don’t mean you have to paint everything off-white. However, some more subtle colors can really help change the perception of your space. For example, a soft yellow will help brighten up a dark kitchen, while a deep dark blue will help turn a bright bedroom into a calm place to sleep. But be careful: dark colors will also make rooms feel small.
Spend the money required to get high-quality paint and professional help. Subconsciously, people will pay more money for a property that is well polished up. A fresh coat of paint makes the home feel better built, which could gain you a couple thousand extra on the negotiation table.
3) Fix or replace anything that’s broken. Yeah, it might feel like a waste of money to spend an extra couple hundred bucks on a dishwasher that someone else might just pull out and replace again. But really, quite a few buyers will get a home inspection and use the opportunity to negotiate with you. As the seller, you’ll often end up paying more if you try to hide neglected maintenance from the purchaser – and of course you don’t want to be guilty of fraud.
Make sure you stay in compliance with all the laws.
It’s often a good use of money to hire your own home inspector before you put your property on the market. If you ask in advance, they’ll often charge you a smaller initial rate, then come back after you’ve done a bunch of minor repairs and deliver you a clean bill of health. Prospective buyers love to see an independent report on the condition of your house – it makes them feel a lot more comfortable with the purchase.
4) Make only necessary improvements. The biggest mistake people make when getting their house ready to sell is over-improving. They often spend too much money on customized frills that won’t be recovered through the sale.
Paint is about the only safe investment – it’s easy to overspend on almost everything else, and it’s easy to get ripped off by unscrupulous contractors.
So before you start, it’s important to know what improvements are actually required.
5) Get expert opinions. You should definitely find at least one reputable real estate broker who will help you price your property. When you do, it’s very important to be honest with them. If you’re going to market the property on your own, don’t make enemies by lying about your intentions. Great brokers are rare, but they are sure to make more money for their clients than they earn.
6) Have a really great marketing plan. Again, great brokers earn their value by doing this work for you and spreading the advertising expenses across many clients. It’s pretty expensive and time-consuming to start from scratch on your own, but if you’re already a marketing expert, you could try it.
If you’re not, spend your time listening to what the best brokers can do to sell your house in Minneapolis – just to educate yourself on the options.
7) Get a cash offer. We buy houses all over the Minneapolis area, and we do all the work so you don’t have to deal with any of this stuff.
Don’t Want To Do The Things Above Yourself? But Still Want To Sell Your Minneapolis MN House Fast?
While everyone wants to get as much as they possibly can from their house sale… not everyone can afford to do the things that are required for this to happen.
If you have the funds to do these things... AND you can wait the 3-9 months it takes to sell your house in this market… then this option might be the best on for you. You’ll be able to realize the full retail price for your property.
However, if you don’t have the funds to do these things... AND can’t wait months to sell your house… then you may be a perfect fit for our local Minneapolis house buying service. Simply submit basic info about your house over here on our website. We’ll evaluate your house, then make you a fair all cash offer you can close on whenever you would like.
Take a look at what we’ll pay you ( without you doing anything) versus the time, expense and hassle involved with doing it on your own.
We buy properties like yours from people who need to sell fast.