If you’ve been driving around in Minneapolis, chances are you’ve seen some billboards advertising companies that buy houses. Sometimes, its may feel like there are millions of ads, all from different companies. It can be difficult to know who you can trust. But, if your looking for a reputable professional home buying company that- you can be certain- is trust worthy, consider selling your house to FastPath Home Buyers. Here at FastPath, we buy houses for cash in Minneapolis, and its surrounding areas. There are so many benefits you’ll experience from working with our company, that you won’t see with all the others. With FastPath, you get a fair all cash offer. Some companies may see that you are in a tricky situation, and try to take advantage. But with us, you don’t have to worry about this. You also get to sell your homes ” as-is” ( no repairs, cleaning or updates). Contact us now, by calling (612) 351-2384 or filling out a short form on this page, to get a cash offer today!
Are These “We Buy Houses in Minneapolis Companies” Credible?
How do I know if the local house buying companies out there are honest and credible?
This is a good question. When you begin comparing them, they may all look the same at first glance… if you look a little deeper, you’ll find your answer. In this blog post, we’ll walk you through what to consider, when comparing the credibility and reliability of your local Minneapolis home buying companies.
Buying and selling houses is a valid and respectable profession that can help communities in many ways. But just like any other line of work – a minority of the the local ” We Buy houses”, or ” Cash for Home” companies that you’ll come across, are the fraudulent type that make the rest of us look bad.
Out there among the chaos, there are people who are really great. There are ethical , trust worthy folks who seek to better your life and improve your neighborhood.
And then there are shady, dishonest people who put money ahead of their clients well being. These people would even sign a contract to sell their own grandmother with one hand, while stabbing you in the back with the other – as long as they turn a profit!
Yes, these people really do exist.
If you wan’t to be able to tell the difference, read on. In this post, we’ll help you avoid these “shady house buyers”, and ensure that you only work with honest, ethical, and reputable local companies, who can buy your house for a fair all cash offer and close on your schedule.
But let’s not focus on the negative – at least not yet.
First, let’s cover exactly what the best house-flippers are doing.
What Reputable Minneapolis House Buyers Are Doing
- Helping folks improve their lives by accessing their situation and providing the money that they need right away. People often need the cash from their houses fast, when facing strenuous circumstances. Maybe there are some unexpected medical expenses, or a seller needs to relocate quickly, to live closer to family. We can make that happen in just a few days. Best of all, we deliver peace of mind (You face none of the stresses you would with an agent.)
- Helping sellers get rid of a burdensome property without the hassle of having to list it with a broker, then wait 3-6 months for a sale.
- Creating local jobs. We hire plumbers, contractors, electricians, brokers, title reps, loan officers, administrators and many other folks along the way. The average real estate transaction involves 86 people from start to finish. The added benefit with us, comes in the fact that we work with local companies. Our investments help create real jobs for people around Minneapolis MN.
- Buying US products. We spend tons of money on materials that are made right here in the USA. This fuels our timber mills, factories, supply shops, distribution centers and more. The US economy depends on steady improvement, and that requires investment from its citizens.
- Increasing the value of Minneapolis neighborhoods. When we improve a house, we’re helping to increase the value of the entire community. We often repair abandoned and neglected houses, turning them into beautiful homes for families. That activity strengthens Minneapolis communities.
- Increasing the tax base. When a new buyer takes over one of our properties, they’ll pay a higher tax rate based on the new and improved value. Those taxes go to pay for our schools, fire, police, libraries, streets and other valuable pieces of infrastructure. Again, this improves our neighborhoods.
Pretty cool stuff, right?
Lots of people think of house-flipping as a get-rich-quick scheme. This mentality is fueled by silly “reality” shows that amp up the drama because the reality of what we do is pretty boring.
Most of our work is spent coordinating with a large team of people to make sure things happen on time. We have to keep track of lots of moving parts, in order to build up a beautiful home.
So let’s get back to how you can use this information to find out if someone is a credible investor, and not just pulling a house buying scam.
How To Ensure You’re Working With A Reputable Local House Buyer
When you talk with a local house buyer to potentially buy your house… ask them some of the questions below to ensure they’re reputable, knowledgeable, and honest.
Ask open-ended questions like:
- How do you help your clients?
- What do you do for the communities in Minneapolis?
- Can you tell me more about your services?
- What aspect of your business makes you the proudest?
- How would you describe your investment philosophy?
- What assurances do I have that you’ll close on my house like you say you will?
Secondly, look for tell tale signs that indicate shady business operations.
- “Kitchen table closings” – If a property buyer tries to get you to sign the deed (ownership) of your house over to them at your house, rather than at a professional office like a closing attorney or title company… be leery. Most reputable house buying services will perform the actual closing of the sale at a neutral 3rd party location… like a title company. This ensures that everything is done above board.
- Pressuring you into a fast closing – If a house buyer tries to pressure you into selling your house before your ready and says that you have limited time to make your decision, be leery. Most reputable house buying services will make you an offer, and that offer will be on the table for at least 2-7 days (minimum). This gives you time to consider your options, and make an educated decision based on your specific circumstances. The reason reputable house buying services like ours at FastPath Home Buyers do place deadlines on our offers, is because the market changes often. Values for properties can change from week to week. Also, we buy multiple houses a month. When we make you an offer, we’re assuring you that the cash to purchase your house is ready and we’re prepared to reserve that cash for you, for several days. If you feel the offer isn’t a fit for you, then we’ll assign those funds to help another seller with their home sale.
Most scammers are looking for a quick score, and not an in-depth interview.
Chances are good that they’ll find excuses to get off the phone and move on to someone who doesn’t ask too many questions.
True investors who run honest and ethical Minneapolis house buying services, however, are building long-term businesses based on relationships and community development.
So when you’re looking at one of the “we buy houses in Minneapolis companies“… never be afraid to ask questions!