While it may be best to stay at your current home and put off a move during a pandemic, this may not always be possible. As such, if you’re in a situation that requires you to relocate during coronavirus, this still may be possible for you.
Whether you can actually move during this period or not will largely depend on your state’s laws vis-a-vis the pandemic, as well as how strictly your local area has initiated lockdown protocols and daily curfews. Be sure to look into these types of regulations, as well as your states legal stance on them, before you start planning out your move.
Above all else, it’s important to remain safe during the period of a pandemic. For these reasons, taking up the proper safety measures is a must if you’d like to both keep your family safe and move efficiently in Saint Paul MN. In this blog, we are going to expand on our top 5 tips for moving during coronavirus in Saint Paul MN.
On the other hand, if you’d like to learn more about how the COVID-19 pandemic has impacted our local real estate market, read this blog to explore the difficulties homeowners are facing in Fridley MN when selling their houses during the pandemic.
Tips for Moving During the COVID-19 Pandemic in Saint Paul MN
Read on to discover our top tips for moving both safely and efficiently during the coronavirus in Saint Paul MN.
1. Professionals or On Your Own When Moving During Coronavirus
As difficult as the decision may have been to move at this time, the choice of who will actually move your belongings could be just as tough.
On the one hand, by moving yourself, you won’t have to be concerned about your belongings carrying illness into your new home.
However, for many, moving on their own is not always a feasible option. The resources required such as trucks and moving boxes may not be easy to come by. In any case, should you decide to work with a mover, here are some tips for using a moving company safely during coronavirus in Saint Paul.
(Things to consider when hiring movers)
- Look for moving companies that are COVID conscious: In a period of a pandemic, health and safety should be your main priority. There are many moving companies that are COVID conscious. They hold policies such as social distancing and effective sanitizing when they move your belongings. Ensure that you look at the moving companies response to COVID before you formally hire them as your movers.
- Carefully consider your options: Meeting you halfway in the moving business, there are companies that offer to bring a storage container to you, to pack yourself, while they handle the actual transport. If you’ve decided to use the services of a traditional professional mover, you’ll want to ask about the policies they have in place that will make your moving experience quick and easy.
- Be conscious of your own family: Before you start preparing with your movers for the move, share with them whether anyone in your household has been ill, in order to ensure that they come properly prepared. This will allow them to prioritize coming with gloves, masks and any other protective gear to both protect your family and your movers.
2. Gear Preparation When Moving During Coronavirus
It may be worth the added expense to buy and use new boxes. This ensures that your containers remain clean and safe, un-exposed to any kinds of viruses. In order to keep healthy during your move, take a look at these simple tips for safety while moving during corona-virus in Saint Paul.
- Clean items carefully as you pack: this ensures that you’ll get off to a great start once you’ve unpacked.
- Be prepared for being on the road: have masks, hand sanitizer, and spray sanitizers.
- Bring along any other protective gear that you may need: given the current mandates in place when your move occurs, ensure that you have everything you may need to travel safely and efficiently.
3. Inform and Stay Informed When Moving During Coronavirus
Keeping others aware of your plans is another tip for moving during corona-virus in Saint Paul. Should you be relocating into a close community, or move from one, you’ll want to ask about the policies of the condominium. Specifically, if they’ll notify your neighbours of the date of your move so that they can make any preparations necessary to keep safe distances.
If you’ve been renting, ask about: the steps to drop off keys, how they plan to perform inspections, and the details of their safety precautions. Should you need to make repairs, remember that some services are not considered essential and may only offer emergency repairs during the pandemic.
4. Maybe consider Downsizing When Moving During Coronavirus
Another tip for moving during corona-virus in Saint Paul is to consider having the movers drop off all your belongings inside a garage or front room, where you will then be able to collect them. This minimizes having your new home exposed to other people as much as possible.
Also, consider lightening the load. Let’s face it, the more cubic square feet of belongings you have, the more hands you will require to carry them. In times during a pandemic, you want to limit the number of people around you as much as you can. Downsizing the size of the load also comes with the added benefit of cutting down on costs. Since you pay for the size of the moving truck, as well as the fuel to pull it, this allows you to save on some of those moving costs which could have quite an effect on your wallet.
If you’re moving to another state, consider donating your foodstuffs to a local pantry and restocking with fresh supplies once you arrive in your new home. Because of your moving costs, especially through long distances, carefully consider if you have an overabundance of possessions that you could also donate or sell.
Once You’ve Arrived…
Due to the changes in how business is done, you’ll want to consider these tips for moving during corona-virus in Saint Paul. Make certain you’re aware of the current city or states mandates regarding masks and any other pertinent information you may on the subject of the COVID pandemic. Reach out to the schools that your children will be attending as early in the process as possible; in this way, you can easily prepare any of the gear your children will need to attend school. You’ll also want to handle any outstanding business online, if that is possible, and make any appointments ( moving or otherwise) in advance. Additionally, appointments to change over your driver’s license and other documents should be made as soon as possible, as most states no longer allow you to simply walk into companies offices.
While we can’t cover all of the precautions you can take to protect yourself and your family here, we understand your concerns.
Selling a house during coronavirus is getting increasingly difficult. However, we’d like to help you navigate through these treacherous waters. Here at FastPath, we buy houses around Saint Paul and also other cities of Minnesota and we are more than happy to answer any questions you may have about moving during corona-virus in Saint Paul. We will also provide a 500 dollar moving allowance to any homeowners who sell their houses to us, and ensure that they have a safe and easy experience. To learn more about how we can help you, send us a message or call FastPath Home Buyers at (612) 351-2384 today!
Now You Have The Knowledge. Get Your Free Offer Now!We give you actionable data to make the best decision.
Find Out How Much Cash We Can Offer For Your Minneapolis House!